If you ever wanted to virtualize your Microsoft Windows computer or you get this error, you will often have problems with Windows Activation. If you can’t log on due to the following error, do the steps below:
This copy of Windows must be activated before you can log on.
You can actually get in by doing the steps below. NOTE: You are not in any way violating any Microsoft policy’s by doing this.
1. Boot into “Safe Mode“. To do this, press F8 as it is booting up. Go into “Safe Mode” by choosing the “Safe Mode” option.
2. Once you are at the desktop in “Safe Mode”, Click “Start” then click “Run“.
3. At the run command prompt type the following EXACTLY:
(NOTE: The “Oo”‘s in Oobe are “o’s” – not “zero’s” There is one space after rundll32.exe. It is case sensitive.)
4. Click OK – wait a few seconds – This just reset Windows Activation for 30 days.
5. Reboot the PC into normal mode – log in – re-activate Windows.